G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends,
I've recently posted a video on YouTube showing construction of my outdoor gauge 1 track. The second-half shows quite a bit of live steam running action. Footage includes some scratch built Pullman sleeper cars as well. They are resin cast from plans I developed using the 1943 Car Builders Cyclopedia.
Here is a link to the video:
http://youtu.be/ZwUEsoEi7x8
Enjoy,
BradN

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Very nice job. I like the way you showed how to build a level layout for live steam...on a hillside. Painting the rail was a nice addition too. What scale is the smaller steam engine that runs on the narrower gauge track?

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
Mike

It is Ga1/Ga 0 [45/32mm] flex track from Sunset Valley Railroad [Pete Comley] The 0 gauge live steam stuff is amazing. Since the Brits use 7mm for 0 scale it works out to 1:43.5 instead of the typical American 0 scale of 1:48. That makes it about 10% larger. That translates to bigger cylinders and boilers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,
Jim said it very well. The O gauge locomotive is a Bassett-Lowke Super Enterprise. The burner and fuel tank were silver soldered by me and I'm using ceramic wicks a la John Garrett. This set up replaces the vaporizing alcohol burner that came with the loco. The O gauge coaches are from Ace Trains, they are seconds with no interior, lighter and perfect for my purposes. They are from my buddy John Hoover of Casselberry, FL.

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
I just gotta say
That's a great video. I enjoyed it

You made it look easy

Congrats on the hard work and your great looking and running track.I agree with David - Next project is move the house closer to the track

Tommy

Rio Gracie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts