G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DCS users go to the protosound 2 website and download it for free. Just click the add to cart, fill out the form, and then download it, Joe

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks Joe, I just posted that after Chuck told me about it. Didn't know you posted it here. It works GREAT! Now, if it was just 70 degrees outside... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Raymond

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Boy what panty waist folks got to have 70 degree weather.
Later RJD

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check me out, I'm in the INDOOR post section. Can't seem to bring this stuff out to the dirt, but now I'm playing and you're...... Ah, forget it. Ray built his own train snow blower!! I gotta get one of those, Joe

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Brrr ass cold out around here tonight going down to 5 below zero and that's fahrenheit!!
But my DCS 4.10 works very nice on my indoor warm & cozy layout..

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Did anyone have any problems with installing the new version of the DCS 2.0 loader software. I've downloaded as it looks like a nicer interface then the previouse version but all I get is a microsoft error when I try to run it. Has anyone downloaded the new dcs release to the TIU and remote via the old loader software(v1.83)? Does that work with the new version of 4.10 DCS release?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
For over 7 years, I rode a moped to and from work every day of the year, rain, shine, heat, sleet, snow, howling wind, you name it, I rode in it. Leaving work in the evenings I would laugh at the folk cowering in the lobby not wanting to make a mad dash for their cars while it was raining... I would hop on my moped and ride off into the weather.

I have run my live steamer at 32-deg (F) and it worked kind'a okay, and I handled it, too.

Then I tried it at 0-deg (F) and the loco would not go more than 5 ft before I had to put the auxiliary blower in the stack and work up a head of steam again. Made it all of 15 ft (backed 5-ft off the steam-up track to the main line, went 5-ft forward on the main, backed up 5-ft), blew out the wicks, clasped my hands around that heavenly warm boiler, stuffed it under my coat and made a mad dash for the house.

I am now a bonafide "fair weather railroader"... temps beyond the 20-deg window from 58 to 78 leaves me inside watching TV... but I do enjoy playing in the rain (RAIN that is, NOT "STORM"... just rain... light rain... and warm... but not hot... ... ... )... I "railroad" for FUN, not misery.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Tim, You have to use the DCS Loader 2.0 to install DCS 4.10...

What operating system is on your computer?? I ask this because my old Dell pc running Windows ME was missing a .NET Framework file and without it I couldn't load the DCS Loader 2.0.
Hope this helps, maybe??

·
Registered
938 Posts
Tim, let us know Chuck's suggestion and question and if the suggestion works and we can go from there. I know I can run under XP professional without any issues.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Just as a precaution, understand that there are numerous versions of MS/.NET Framework available and as with most software things a program written using say .NET v2.0 may not work if you've got MS/.NET v1.1 installed. Additionally, the frameworks are large so make sure you've got enough room both hard disk and RAM. The following Microsoft link will provide a place where you can download the one required.

.NET Framework Redistributable Package[/b]

To determine if the MS/.NET Framework is installed and which version it is here's a link.

How to Determine if .NET is Installed[/b]

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ray and Chuck,

Thanks for the assistance on this one. I am running windows XP professional and downloaded .net version 3.5. What version of .net are you running and what file was missing? Is there anything special about downloading from mth? I tried running from their site and also downloading the zipped file and they both responsed the same.

Tim

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'll have to check to see what's loaded. The .NET may not be the issue in this case then since you have the most recent version installed.

What error are you getting and when does it occur exactly, right after clicking the icon? When you click the load to TIU icon? other? Does it start to run (load to like the TIU) then error out? What are you trying to load first, the TIU or remote software? Start with the TIU load first.

There shouldn't be anything special you have to do with the download from MTH.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ray,

It's faulting out on the new 2.0 loader program when I click on the Icon, I am not even getting to the TIU or remote software download. I'll have to check a few other items with the install

Tim

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Steve, thanks for the .NET links but when installing the new MTH Consumer Loader V.2 if the .NET files are missing the MTH software will link you to what it needs to install itself...well kinda..

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Sounds like he has it installed but it can't find what port the TIU is on maybe unless you modern folks are using a USB connection??

·
Registered
938 Posts
Does this error occur when you click the desktop icon to start the program or when you click the icon to load to TIU? Do need to know exactly what the error is and says.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ray,

Here's what I get with the error message:

MTH DCS Consumer Loader V2.0 has encounted a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovience.
Then it goes on to ask if I want to report it to Microsoft.

Does the TIU need to be connected to start the application or just when you start the download to the TIU? The older version would launch the application and once you connected it up then you could download.

Tim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts