G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My guess any readers subscribing to Model Railroader or Garden Railways received in this week's mail Model Expo's new ad mailer.

In the new Model Expo ad mailer, page 11, is an ad for a 15 1/2" length, 11" high; 4 1/2" wide; 1:24 scale "1901 Madrid Electric Tram." Price: $74.99.
The mfg. appears to be OcCre (OcioCreativeo), I am guessing an Italian company.

While a entry level street car kit, there is no indication of it being operable other than reference to wheels being in "white metal."
If as pictured, it looks like a very desireable trolley of the 1900's open-ended platform style that could receive an LGB/USA/Hartland/Aristo motorblock.

Any evaluation and/or experience adapting this product to our use?

Thanks,
Wendell

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Occre is a Spanish model maker, and yes there IS a powering kit for these thru Occre, there are actually 3 tram models and a model of the Stephenson Rocket. All in the 1/24 range

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
They look interesting, but with an unbuilt 1/24 trolley kit (NENG) here at the house from the 1980s that will probably still be unbuilt when they settle my estate, I guess there is no real need to get one....

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Has anyone found a North American source for either the tram or rocket models. I've been on the look out for some time now.

Robert

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Judging by their photos, the Rocket is...disappointing. Some of the proportions are off... The cylinders sit WAY too high..... There's no valve gear..... The power conversion, which goes under the tender, has solid wheels....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I looked online and it was 99.00, where did you find it for 79.00? look to me to be a good buy either way.Honestly I went to OcCre's website and their rocket dosen't look that bad, beats any other reasonable model of the rocket. Link

1 - 9 of 9 Posts