G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and have been interested in the figure making tutorial which is why I'm here, but model railroading has always been a favorite hobby of mine mostly O scale traction along with some steam as well.
I've had interest in large scale trains and maybe building an outside layout and most likely I'll have many questions to be sure and this by the best site I've seen so far with a fine group of modelers giving great helpful information to all, my other hobbies are photography and sailing ship modeling along with the Disney Nautilus ....Hey... Sourdoh...is that you ???
and getting back to the figure tutorial will there be a women and children series soon ? Karl

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Pleased to meet you, Karl!

As far as the figure class goes, it seems to have run out of steam before the women and children part was written. Some of us make them anyhow:D

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Welcome aboard Karl. :)

Chris Walas, the author of the Figure Classes, is up to his eyeballs in work right now. He may continue more of the Figure Class when things let up.

However, he used to conduct weekly classes via MLS chat, and anothe member, Rick Raiveley, assembled a web page of chat logs and additional info on making figures. You can find that web page here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you sir, I'll try that, appreciated. Karl

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Welcome!

rkapuaala has some beautiful figures and ideas he has shared with us.
MLS is divided into 2 time frames now.
Current, which you are reading, and
Archive, which is where most of the stuff up through 2007 can be found.

Try:
http://archive.mylargescale.com/forum/search.asp
and search for username rkapuaala in Figures.
There are also current posts, too.

I am sure as you crawl through the Figure forums, both current and archive, you will find other creators to enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, this looks like it's going to be fun, you have one great modeling forum here, with tons of information from knowledgeable members. Karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts