G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally finished my logging caboose. It is going with the HLW flats, Bach box car and the Big John. The Caboose is a Bachmann logging caboose. I re-did the roof by using masking tape and overlaping it. (give it that tar paper look) I took all the plastic rails etc... off and made new ones out of metal wire, they did not come perfectly straight but Im going for that backwoods look anyeway. I also repainted the caboose and added some wood to the steps and walking areas. I covered the windows with clear plastic I had laying around. I still have to make a ladder and add some lights to the back. Here it is:

Before

now

I also got decals on my porter

My new Mack HLW

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Hmmmm.... that cute little Mack sure likes she'd like to met Mr Razorsaw...Mu-hu-aha-haa!!!!

Nice work on the crummy!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Snow,

I like the way the roof turned out. Masking tape, you say? Hmm. Also, the bent grabs help give it a used look. The windows are a nice touch--so many crummies don't have 'em for one reason or another. Where do you get your safety chains?

The snow's a tad outta scale, though, might want to redo it.

Les

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
You've done quite a nice job with the modifications to very much improve the stock Bachmann logging caboose. Well done!

Mental note to self for future project.....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Posted By Les on 01/10/2009 6:17 PM
Snow,

I like the way the roof turned out. Masking tape, you say? Hmm. Also, the bent grabs help give it a used look. The windows are a nice touch--so many crummies don't have 'em for one reason or another. Where do you get your safety chains?

The snow's a tad outta scale, though, might want to redo it.

Les

Les: i got the saftey chain from AC moores (craft store) They have a lot of great stuff for garden trains like the chains, doll house stuff that fits as well as wooden crafts like barrels, crates etc....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great job Shawn! This has given me some ideas to change on my caboose. Thanks for posting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts