G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Nick,

Instead of going through the process of stripping and relettering K4's, why not get another NYC Hudson (USA) and put the MTH stuff in that!  Seems like it'd fit better fit and you could have triple headed Hudsons instead of doubleheaded K4's in NYC paint.  Would NYC Paint even stick to a PRR loco, especially a K4?!

· Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Nick,

That's interesting about K4's on the NYC!  I was looking at steamlocomotive.com and there is a roster of their pacifics listed.  They had their own K3's and K5s but no K-4 was listed. I thought "well that makes sense, seeing as how the PRR was their main competetion and their flagship locomotive was called a K4." Were  the NYC's K-4s letter for the Central or were they left as PRR?  (In a way, it sort of seems like Chevy putting a Mustang engine in their Corvette.  Know what I mean?  Not disputing your book, just commenting that its interesting. )

Maybe you could scan the picture and post or emai it.  I'd be interested to see it.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.