G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Vinny,

I am also in Rhode Island. I would welcome you to run some trains on my layout but as of tomorrow it will probably have 18" of snow on top of it. Maybe in Spring?
Dennis

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Posted By dtetreault on 07 Feb 2013 05:58 PM
Vinny,

I am also in Rhode Island. I would welcome you to run some trains on my layout but as of tomorrow it will probably have 18" of snow on top of it. Maybe in Spring?
Dennis

Hey Dennis that would be great! I am hoping to get a new layout started this spring.
I am only about a block away from where Apponaug Color shop is in Warwick.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
The Milford show is on April 6th and 7th at the Milford High School. We will also be at the Hooksett show on April 21 at the Cawley Middle School, with "Little Green" set up for live steam and electric, and also sparkies on the stage in the auditorium. The next NHGRS meeting is scheduled for Friday, April 12th, and Stan Ames will be giving a presentation on his experiences driving and firing full-sized live steam locomotives on the Cumbres & Toltec and at Woltszyn in Poland. The monthly meetings begin at 7:30 pm, and are currently held at the Red Cross donation center in Manchester, although we will be looking for a new venue in the coming months because the Red Cross is planning to repurpose the building that we currently use. New members and guests are always welcome!

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Update: Turns out the repurposing of the Red Cross building where we hold our monthly meetings was just a rumor among the staff there, and we have been informed that we will be able to continue to hold our monthly meetings there for the foreseeable future.

For any of you coming up to the Milford show next weekend, look for the NHGRS "Little Green" live steam layout, that's where I'll be running. Come on up and say hi, it's always nice to meet fellow MLS'ers.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Richard/et-al[/b]

While we did not get to see you today,
young dog Austin was teaching some of us old dog new tricks.[/b]

PLEASE there must be some OTHER color than BLACK.....NA.....[/b]

At 7/8, even I can see these trains.....SWEET.....[/b]

Big Green Sparkie's track[/b]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is the next meeting this friday or next friday? I'm planning to attend the next meeting so i can become a member. Also are there any small scale steam-up's coming up around the southern NH region?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Posted By CN7470 on 04 Jun 2013 09:45 AM
Is the next meeting this friday or next friday? I'm planning to attend the next meeting so i can become a member. Also are there any small scale steam-up's coming up around the southern NH region?

Regular meeting is the 2nd friday of the month. That makes it the 14th this month. We are having a picnic and run yout trains event on the SJR&P at out house this Saturday (8th) in Chelmsford. You are welcome to join us. Send me an email and I will send you directions. Stan Ames

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Stan, This is Cullen from last weekends operating session. I would love to come tomorrow with Connor and bring my Ruby and some of our cars. As for the Meeting, we cant attend because of work, but our father could stand in for us so we could still become members.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Posted By CN7470 on 07 Jun 2013 06:48 PM
Thanks Stan, This is Cullen from last weekends operating session. I would love to come tomorrow with Connor and bring my Ruby and some of our cars. As for the Meeting, we cant attend because of work, but our father could stand in for us so we could still become members.

Cullen
Come on by. Several live steamers will be running. Barb will be here as well so no problem joining the NHGRS on Saturday.

Might even fire up our 2-6-0 and have you teach me about how to add water while under steam.

Now we just have to hope the rain stops bu tomorrow afternoon.

Stan

21 - 33 of 33 Posts