G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to introduce myself as a newbi, but at age 61 I find that a little funny. I have allways liked trains and have dabbled in N scale, G scale  and now I have found Live Steam. This is the most satisfying of all that I have experienced so far. To watch a simple (really?) machine that works as sweetly as a steam engine is just awsom. To watch it on the track under its own power is one of the things mechanical minds like us cannot explain. I started with a Ida, then a Mich-Cal 2 piston Shay and now am going for some type of bash from a Ruby kit. Back yard still needs dug up for track but the time will come God willing. So I may have a lot of questions from all of you to help me along the way.
Thanks for having me,
Dennis Baran (akaDB)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Pleased to meet you, DB!

"Are you a new kid?"

"No, I'm 6 years old!"

I'm a sparky myself, but I have to admit to drooling over some live steam equipment I've seen:D

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Posted By DB on 03/08/2008 1:58 PM
I have to introduce myself as a newbi, but at age 61 I find that a little funny. I have allways liked trains and have dabbled in N scale, G scale  and now I have found Live Steam. This is the most satisfying of all that I have experienced so far. To watch a simple (really?) machine that works as sweetly as a steam engine is just awsom. To watch it on the track under its own power is one of the things mechanical minds like us cannot explain. I started with a Ida, then a Mich-Cal 2 piston Shay and now am going for some type of bash from a Ruby kit. Back yard still needs dug up for track but the time will come God willing. So I may have a lot of questions from all of you to help me along the way.
Thanks for having me,
Dennis Baran (akaDB)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

Welcome DB,
  Always good to see another live steamer.  There are a couple of steamers that I know of in your area.  Of course your always welcome to come and steam with us in Michigan at one of our events.  Have fun with your trains. :D

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome to MLS Dennis!

I agree with your assessment of the live steam. I'm not their yet, but will be someday. Lots of Live Steamers here though to share thoughts, ideas and your steamups with :) And tons of experience for helpful answers and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Welcome Dennis, to MLS from Northwest Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Hi, Dennis...

Welcome aboard.  It's a friendly place.

Dawg

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
It's a friendly place.

'cept for me

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome Dennis!
You'll have alot of fun here with the rest of the "kids"!
Would love to see some video of live steam running...../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dennis,
Welcome to the forum and from another fellow Buckeye. I Noticed that we are Fairly close too I'm in Elyria and the clubs Layout is in Cleveland in the Fulton, W25th Area right off of 90.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts