G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a small section of my line that needed some erosion control. With some recent rains and snows the balast was starting to wash away some. This a project of have been wanting to do for some time but had other things to get done on the layout. I could have used some rock. Would have been the easy way out but I decided that to get more detail I would build some cribbing. I just finshed it today and planted some moss around and ontop. Looks prety good.

I also finally blocked off power to my siding. Now I can control the electric with the flick of a switch. This siding just goes out to the mine

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Looks really good! I like the look of the moss as well :) Both look to scale too!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Posted By snowshoe on 11/03/2008 12:31 PM
....Looks prety good..

Looks pretty good...it looks great!!!! And I love the fall colors creeping in.

I wanted to build a similar cribbing wall but the drop off on our line was just too much for scale cribbing. Ended up using rocks. But all the rocks came from the property. One of the benefits to having a layout in the Colorado mountains

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posted By San Juan on 11/03/2008 3:54 PM
Posted By snowshoe on 11/03/2008 12:31 PM
....Looks prety good..

Looks pretty good...it looks great!!!! And I love the fall colors creeping in.

I wanted to build a similar cribbing wall but the drop off on our line was just too much for scale cribbing. Ended up using rocks. But all the rocks came from the property. One of the benefits to having a layout in the Colorado mountains

Thanks I also used a lot of rock on my RR. This part of NJ has more rock then dirt. Thanks to the glaciers that moved in during the last ice age.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Nice work on the cribbing! And, the plantings make it all blend together.

Any tips on how you did the cribbing? I'd like to do some myself soon.

Paul H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts