G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll be hacking up some of my 20 footers for the end pieces for my 53' attempts. More to come on that tommorrow as I attempt it. Pics will be posted of my sad attempt as well. Im hoping for success in following the masters footsteps :D

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
maybe it wasn't me

heres a better shot

it would be nice to cut and paste.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mine look  a little different than Martys more than likely due to the fact im going to completely re-decal mine for other roads as opposed to keeping what was on the 40' the ends were glued on.

The Red container is already painted and I'll have to get Stan the pictures and logos for Hub Group Inc. Heres a real pic of one:  http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=480984

The other one that used to be  Maersk 40' and a Evergreen 20' will become a STAX once I paint it .  Pic of a real one: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=52790

I have that intermodal itch again.  LOOK OUT AT THE ECLSTS Charlie Ro!!! hahaha.  I may have to mention something to him when im down there.  This could be a new idea for em.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Also WallyMart has small tubes of bodo body putty for cars, it works great for filling cracks. I also left the ends on because the supports need to be there to stack.

good job Kev, great idea to.

To bad we can't post this on Aristo site and say we are ready for those longer allpurpose cars to be made.

George

Are they being drawn yet???

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Posted By NTCGRR on 01/05/2008 8:05 PM

Also WallyMart has small tubes of bodo body putty for cars, it works great for filling cracks. I also left the ends on because the supports need to be there to stack.

good job Kev, great idea to.

To bad we can't post this on Aristo site and say we are ready for those longer allpurpose cars to be made.

George

Are they being drawn yet???

However we could ask if they are making 53' compatiable well cars, cause then we can double stack our 53's.  Somehow I doubt it as I think its a U.S. Only standard.  I dont think Europe uses the 53' container at all, we just seem to use it since thats what were used to in the trucking world.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Some new shots of my 2 53's painted.  Lettering is on the way from Mr. Cedarleaf.  Next post from me will be with them lettered.  With how much lettering these need they ought to look GREAT!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Heres the two new ones I did, STAX and Hub Group.  Came out nice.  Need to let them dry and hit them with a clear coat at some point here soon.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
COOOOL ,
I've been letting them set 48 hours before spraying them,,LIGHTLY . I've messed them up a few times, too heavy, too soon.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts