G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The circus has auditioned and hired a new animal trainer, Franz..  

Franz is a horse trainer and he has his equestrian act ready for its first performance.  My No.1 critic, my wife, says it looks like one of the horses kicked Franz.

He keeps a tight reign on the heard and expects perfection from his equestrian unit.

Franz' wife Helena is part of the act.  Here she is waiting at the rear of the scene ready for her debut in the second part of the act.

She is very serious about the performance.  She needs to lighten up a little and turn on the charm with a "show must go" on smile.  After further consideration and reviewing the muscular nature of Helena, my wife thinks maybe it was her that rearranged Franz jaw.

Here is the scene with the equestrian act added for the circus seat wagon crowd

Enjoy the show.  Have some popcorn as you watch.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Not sure I have any space for popcorn, just had an elephant ear. Horse acts are fun, but I'm waiting for the Arialists!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I was thinking I should make him a Waldo. I even got as far as googling a picture./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, Waldo made it to the ECLSTS as part of the Circus act entry in the Diroama division. Waldo actually made a late apperance because he was created at the show on Friday, got a late night paint job and got at the end of the entrance line next to the grandstand on Saturday morning prior to the show opening. He was there for the judging Saturday afternoon when the entry came in second to a fantastic sawmill display that took best in show.

I have been trying since we got back from the show to post pictures but that doesn't seem to be something that I'm going to be able to do for a while. The pictures have all been uploaded but I cannot get them into the forum. Hopefully, Shad will get it straightened out soon and I'll post a few shots then.

Bob

·
Registered
934 Posts
For what its worth, I picked up a set of the 'waldo' figures off of EBAY. (Yes there are still other sets there). They really do seem to be about 1/24th scale, and the detail is acceptable.

I do find Wenda's attire to be strange...do women actually dress like that anywhere? Maybe in the UK?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
They're supposed to look geeky.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the tip on Waldo. I used to love finding him in the books, so the idea of hiding them in the Village sounds like fun to me. A pit pricey for straw huggers, but I had to pick up a set anyway. :)

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts