G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Currently Building a Layout and experimenting with 3D printed kits and scratch built freight cars
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently aquired a lot of used G scale items including several bachmann bobber cabeese, an LGB stainz, a USA trains 44 tonner, and a New Birght C&NW prarie (2-6-2) and the new bright loco is rather interisting i was planning on bashing it into something loosly based on a great northern H-5 pacific or something similar but i don't know if its the proper scale (i model almost exclusively 1/24th and 1/29th) or if it will run on my piko power pack till i can outfit it with battery and bluetooth control

· Registered
Currently Building a Layout and experimenting with 3D printed kits and scratch built freight cars
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Train Wheel Motor vehicle Product Blue
this is the photo from the ebay listing i actually haven't been able to open the package yet for a number of reasons mainly being that its at my dads house..... and i only go there on the weekends

· Premium Member
7,217 Posts
I acquired one of the 2-6-2 locos in a similar stash. General opinion was that were/are decent runners if a bit old. The scale is nearer 1/32nd so it looks a bit small for 1/29.
I tested mine on rollers with a 12V pack.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I acquired one of the 2-6-2 locos in a similar stash. General opinion was that were/are decent runners if a bit old. The scale is nearer 1/32nd so it looks a bit small for 1/29.
I tested mine on rollers with a 12V pack.
ok i can make that work ill just swap out the cab and extend the stack that way it looks like loco with a smaller boiler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts