G Scale Model Train Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Fred, that's very interesting... I've been running my PCC on a loop with 4 foot diameter curves for quite a while and on a "to and fro" trolley line for 4-5 days straight without incident.

Mine is a great runner. Put people (riders) and sound in it and it runs like a champ.

A point of interest posted on the Aristo Forum at noon today EDT...

Dear All,

We got an early report that the PCC did not have round wheels and we checked and they were well within our specs and had no running problems. We had run a few for months without a glitch and by the time we got any other comments they we all sold out.

We've had some more recent comments that the gauging was not correct and there seems to be a variation in production. None of the ones we checked had that condition, but if you have one that does just e-mail me at [/i][email protected] and we will send a pickup tag from UPS and fix the gauging.[/i]

Obviously, in the second run there will be a q.c. check on this point that we did not specify as the early samples were right on a back to back wheel measurement at our specified 39.8mm to 40mm.

We apologize if you've had any working difficulty with the PCC coming off the track, but we will make it right!

All the best,

Lewis Polk

The PCC motor is an H.O. motor from Sanda Kan that has been long used in H.O. loco from the major brands. We needed this smaller motor due to the space requirements of this low profile loco.

The lighting is the same LED arrangement from the RDC-3, which was received with much acclaim. We will try to use a golden color LED on the next run, but personally I think the super bright white shows off the interior much better. We will look at the golden color option again and then make a final decision. [/i]

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Tom i made the mistake of ordering 1/24 scale and they were all to large. Had to go to surgery and buzz off their legs. I think stan used 1/32 and they fit alot better. Look at older pages and stan put the ebay site where you will find them. They come from china.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I dropped off my PCC Car to Nick at the show, He offered to help me fix it now that he has is Garage set up and will give it back to me in a few weeks.
Thanks for offering Nick. Thats what i like about this site, people seem to go out of there way to be helpful to each other.

Thank You
Fred

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi,
Just an update, I received my PCC Car back from Nick this weekend at the NY show they were doing and it now runs great .

Nice and smooth, Nick and his Club members let me run it for a while at there display, and it ran perfect.
Thanks Nick, Now all i need to do is to get some of those little people to put into it and i will be set.
I also called Nick today to thank him for helping me with it and His Girlfreind told me he was in the Hospital, I hope all is well and Thank you again.

This Forum and its Members are great.

Fred

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Your welcome Fred, Glad you liked it and it was nice to meet you and your wife.

Heard you had some fun around here with a couple of the KoolAders while i was gone.

Dont worry im back now that wont happen again i CAN assure you of that............

Thankfully the post was saved for me and i'l respond to it shortly you can be sure.

You BETCHA............LOL...........SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR

·
Super Modulator
20,521 Posts
Yep, the others I have worked on myself are all running smoothly, the picture below was a friend's unit where trying to adjust the back to back resulted in cracks in the plastic gear castings.

After truing the wheel surfaces (eliminating wobble) and machining the backs (to correct overly thick flanges that would not allow proper gauging) it runs smoothly, like your's Nick.

More details on my site.

Greg

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yowser ! Those look like heavy duty axles !

Too bad some wheels need some seemingly major facelifts done, but shucks ehhhhhh, my 1:1 2008 (american built) CUV req'd more tweaking than that (still on warranty), tooo. Which cost the manufacturer at least a couple grand in parts and labour !!

doug c

221 - 230 of 230 Posts