G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,483 Posts
RE: New "Air Car" to work like steam locomotive

Thats the same MDI MiniCAT I've been wanting to get my hands on for over a year now, be a perfect commuter car for me

· Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Posted By Torby on 08/12/2008 3:51 PM
Except Smart seems to get the same mileage as...
my 1996 Chevy Baretta.

Your Baretta gets 45mpg? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

No, don't tell me, let me guess...;)

Its 22.5 miles one way to work, uphill, so you drive to work using one gallon of gas, then on the way home you just coast all the way back..result: 22.5 + 22.5 = 45 miles on one gallon /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

· Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Posted By Torby on 08/14/2008 7:24 AM
When I looked up the smart it said 32MPG. I was appalled. 45? Maybe I'll give them another look.

Yeah dont trust the government numbers, our Fearless Leaders and their minions in Detroit are scared to death of this little car, scared it will erode what already undersized US ecomony car marketshare they still have that hasnt been already eaten by the Prius & Civic hybrids, until they can retool and make their own versions of the very same car. So theres been alot of shinanigans regarding mileage estimates, which have been consistanlty downsized to make the car less attractive to protect their Detroit buddies. But people know these thing even in the bogged down US versions, still rival Prius's mpg, some of the dam Euro version got close to 60mpg and are still drivable at freeway speeds! it even did well on the offset headon impact test. So as Mr. Rogers would say; "Can you spell 'Protectionism'?, I knew you could" /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.