G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back someone showed me a photo of a metal diecast 4 wheel baggage cart. Does anyone know if they are still available and where I can get a couple? I don't do ebay by the way.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Hmmmmmmm. Sounds a very British thang to me. I'll have a lool for you over here and if I find them we'll bring them with us when we come over.
Minewheal, I'll have a lool stateside.
Best graders
tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure of the scale...think they were either 1:24 or 1:22. Pretty sure it wasn't 1:20 although I'm not sure.

The photo I saw was online someplace and I don't recall a price mentioned. I believe Preiser or someone has a plastic one. I prefer diecast as the wind won't move it around so easily.

Terry, if you find a couple of them I'd be most appreciative. The baggage wagon in the photo looked like a US type or at least very similar with spoked wheels.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have not seen the diecast one but I have one of the Preiser ones (45204). I put Grandt line wheels on it and a Preiser luggage set (45218). The luggage set adds a bit of weight to it.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, thanks Brian for the photo. That's not the one I saw. The Grandt wheels look good on it.

Steve, The Pola looks good but that price? Wow! Anyway that's not what I remember seeing either. Thanks for the photo. Now at least I know of two examples that are not what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Richard,

I think the one you're thinking about was made by Shortline Car & Foundry, now gone. Here is a photo of one I assembled at least 8 years ago.

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Doc. It's been quite awhile since I saw the photo so I can't be sure but that just may be it. I was under the impression however that it was already assembled. It's a shame that kit's no longer avaiiable. It's just about perfect.

I could settle for the Pola I suppose other than the price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
what abut the NNE models baggage wagon . its a maine type but ihavetheplans if you want and you can ad the topdetails that you want to make it not so maine-y . emailme @ [email protected] if you want the plans

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dana,

Thanks, that's most kind of you. I have the plans you speak of and they should make up into nice models. I'm really looking for a couple diecast ones though that I can leave outside without worrying about wind blowing them around or squirrels gnawing on them.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Looks like it might be 1/24./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Posted By dana on 06/08/2008 7:33 PM
oky just a thought;)" border=0> . sorry i couldnt be some help

Actually you were of help. I'd forgotten about those plans. They may be useful at a future date. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ertl made a diecast one several years ago. They sometimes show up on eBay, where I bought one decorated for the Pennsy.

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts