G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I picked up and Accucraft C-16 Bumble Bee loco for $78.00. Missing the pilot and smoke stack (found at hobby shops).
I need a tender for it.
Anyone have one in need of a good home?
Thanks,
Marc

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Are you sure it was an ACCUCRAFT C16? Could it have been an ARISTOCRAFT C16 by any chance?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys,
I am looking for and Accucraft C-16 tender, preferably #268.
Yes, it was an Accucraft C-16 Bumble Bee.
I also picked up a complete Accucraft # 278 C-16 for $200.00.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's hard for me to imagine that a complete Accucraft C-16 was sold for $200, or just the loco for $78. How is that possible? Did they have damage (other than the missing pilot and stack)?

I purchased a used, first generation Accucraft C-16 6 months ago for $1000 and felt that I did ok consider they sold new for $1600+. Are there anymore Accucraft C-16s available for $200? :)

Enjoy your locos! They are nice looking and run well. The first generation one's have some small issues, but I'm very happy with mine.

Greg Coit
[email protected]

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Greg,
This is why I questioned about an Accucraft C16 for that cheap. When I picked up my C19 from Jonathan last week, he commented that C16's were REALLY difficult to get. He said guys just don't want to part with them. If you got one for a $1000 that would be a great buy! As a matter of fact, Rio Grande Southern Railroad Hobbies has a #268 Bee right now for $2700 with Airwire and Phoenix. They also have a 268 without RC and sound for $1852.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kind of hard to believe.

I also picked up a # 278 in great condition, needed pilot and Cliff had one.

The #278 complete engine & tender was $200.00

Both accucrarft. I actually going to correct the 278 tender to a prototype wood frame. I have a friend who does brass work and is going to distress some brass for the frame and tender crossmembers

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Marc,
Where are you picking these up for $200? I've got an early #278 that I re-motored and re-did most of the piping. If I could find them for that price I'd get another.
John

·
Registered
27 Posts
Posted By jlyans on 04/30/2008 2:51 PM
Marc,
Where are you picking these up for $200? I've got an early #278 that I re-motored and re-did most of the piping. If I could find them for that price I'd get another.
John

Me too!!! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Greg Coit

Arcata, CA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts