G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help ! I need a blue and yellow Santafe SD-45 body. all I really need is the long part of the body, don't need the cab or frame. I knocked a friends Santafe SD-45 from my overhead layout, 8ft to the floor and destroyed the rear of the body and the dynamic brake cover. Any help would be great. Thanks Rex

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Rex,

At first I thought you were going to make a Santa Fe SD45 "B" unit - like Santa Fe actually made from wrecked prototypes.

-Ted

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted, I already made one of them, I made it from a Gulford high nose a long time ago. I need this body to repair my buddies engine. I could take another body and paint it, but I want it to be factory paint the and not custom painted. He hasn't had it that long. I mite give him one of my Santafe's and custom panit a body to replace it, if I can't find one. Then I would just keep the repaired one for myself. Thanks Rex

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to print out the exploded view diagrams off of the Aristo site then order the parts you need from Aristo. Would probably be cheaper than buying a used SD45 and hacking it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to here about the crash. I had one sd-45 crash roll from my workbench onto the floor, but i was able to glue it back together. I was looking to make an EL SDP-45 out of an engine i just picked up on ebay. Would the wrencked engine have a section of frame i could have to make the body stretch as the hood can be made from plastic.
Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, I am not parting out the damaged engine. If I can't find a shell, I'll give him one of my Santafe's and I will fix this one and custom paint it.
Thanks Rex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts