G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fellow needs a name! He's brakeman on the Southern Caboose I got to match my Southern Mallet.

People tell me that since I have Irish ancestors, I should say, "Malley."

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi Tom,

What more an Irish name than Padraig, usually abbreviated to Paddy or Pat.  ;)

Whatever, he looks a good addition to your caboose.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Take a look at Rod Fearnley's profile...
Swear to goshmo that's him!!!  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

G

·
0 Posts
to me he looks like he is called Otto.

Otto the immigrant from bavaria.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. Lots of good suggestions:

Seamus O'Henssey

Padraig (I always wondered what Paddy was short for)

Old Man Jinkins -- I think this name would suit somebody older and scruffier. I can picture the guy, so maybe I need to make him.

Rod Fearnley -- Looking for one of his posts. Think he'd get mad? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

OTIS -- I Like this.

Otto -- Oh my! You don't watch "Malcome in the Middle," do you /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Shaymus O'Malley

I'm kindof leaning toward Seamus or Shaymus -- Either spelling, though I think Shaymus would be engineer of a logging engine.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Tom,

I thought we should ask himself as to his name. He said, "Lliam, Lliam O'Hurlahey's the name. Been working as a swamper for Paddies Bar and Grill, I have. Until the need to leave town arose. The brakeman's job came open, sudden like, so I jumped aboard as the train was pullin' out of town."

I always like to give my characters, character in their names as well. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Regards,

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that's not a bad idea. Liam O'Hurlahey. Might go with that.

I have kindof a pseudo cousin named "Liam." His adoptive parents are collage friends of my parents. Everybody always wondered what kind of name "Liam" was. Now it's becoming popular.

The Engineer might be Padraig O'Malley.

I have a clear picture of Old Man Jenkins in mind, but he wouldn't be on a train, prolly playing checkers.

A friends suggests I need a hobo riding the pilot holding onto his hat.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
He looks a lot like that guy from Taxi... the older version of him, but I'm sure he's not Irish :)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Don't have a clue why, but he looks like a Fritz to me. Fritz O'Mally, that is.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Begorrah!    Aren't we having enough O'Malleys already.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

And why does he need a surname?  After all you don't intend to put him on the payroll do you Tom/

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't expect to make him a nametag either. Many of my figures go unnamed, but this guy just needed one.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm. Didn't think of an Italian. It would be Giuseppe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts