G Scale Model Train Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Posted By tweetsie12fan on 10 May 2012 04:58 PM
How much did that cost?

Thats hard to say exactly, the track circle was the priciest thing, about $50-60, its a specialty item so it costs. The foam was leftover but probably about $20ish dollars worth, the buildings are foamcore with leftover building detail parts, the signs were downloaded free off the internet, the detail stuff inside maybe another $20, another $20 for the powerpack, all the wood was found stuff for free, and all the scenery was left over from another layout. So minus the trains themselves, I'd say around $250ish total including figures, probably alot less for me given all the leftovers used. Thats one of the things I like about mocro layouts, they are inexpensive and allow you to learn different skills without a major cash outlay, and they are fun to do.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Wow, this is really thinking and modelling outside the (pizza) box.
Just a mass of detail, what a great conversation piece.
BTW, My wife feels that you should have got my permission to use my effigy with all the liquor bottles around me!!
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

To whom it may concern, due to circumstances beyond my control (Vertical Scope screwing the pooch and deleting 80MB of my photo history three months ago with no resolution) This and all other threads of my 10+ years of activity on this site are now closed, if you are curious please look to my identical threads on LargeScaleCentral which in the coming months I will attempt to re-edit photos into from my personal archives once I have a new storage site up and running. It was fun while it lasted but the collective of monkeys now running this site now have soured my experience. Have a good day.

·
Registered
542 Posts

To whom it may concern, due to circumstances beyond my control (Vertical Scope screwing the pooch and deleting 80MB of my photo history three months ago with no resolution) This and all other threads of my 10+ years of activity on this site are now closed, if you are curious please look to my identical threads on LargeScaleCentral which in the coming months I will attempt to re-edit photos into from my personal archives once I have a new storage site up and running. It was fun while it lasted but the collective of monkeys now running this site now have soured my experience. Have a good day.

Give flickr.com a try.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The video post is the best I can do here for now, I still don't have a new hosting site set up. Just hasn't been a big priority on my end as I haven't been doing much lately with my workbench being relocated.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts