G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly a decade of procrastinating (but who's counting?), I spent a chunk of the weekend working on my first R/C battery installation involving an Aristo 0-4-0 switcher ...

and an Aristo Classic wooden box car ...

Yea, I know, a 1:29 engine pulling a 1:24 box car on a 1:20.3 pike. But this is a grandkid combination. My first install is both the easiest, and also the cheapest. If they wreck it, I can smile and say, "That's OK kids", like a good grandad.

The engine project was easier than I thought and hasn't cost a dime so far. I just need to settle the issue of the connector between the engine and the boxcar, sweat a few solder joints, route some wire and button her up. Here's a step by step in my Builders Log.

Aristo 0-4-0 Builders Log

The boxcar project is about 1/3 finished. I'm waiting on a battery installation kit from TOC and my battery packs. I'll update the log as I wrap her up. Here's a step by step to my current progress point.

Aristo Box Battery Car Builders Log

It feels good to finally be going.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
You're trapped now! You'll want batteries in all your equipment.

I've been getting NIMH battery packs from all-battery.com They have a 3800mAh 9.6v RC car battery for $16. I put 2 together to get 19.2v and run the trackside receiver from that. The charger for those is about $25.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.