G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a dreaded blue screen of death on my main computer (laptop) so I won't be around here much until the problem is fixed or until I get a new computer if necessary /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

I'm using my sister's computer to type this.  So I won't be checking my email regularly for a few weeks until I get back to normal.  Just wanted to post this in case of the rear event anyone was trying to or plans on reaching me in the near future.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
"Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!"

or maybe

"Any old iron? Any old iron?"

·
Registered
733 Posts
You think you have problems!!! The computer that I am using at the moment weighs in at 23 Metric Tonnes and stands in 9 42U cabinets and has been running for over 2 years now without servicing. If that went down -who would get the blame?? Why me of course!!!

regards

ralph

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Ralph,
That's a big desktop computer/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif
What size does the laptop version come in/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Registered
733 Posts
The laptop comes in 6 42U cabinets and weighs in at 15 metric tonnes..... We are working on designing a 16 cabinet machine that is expandable -so I suppose you could call that the office file server???

regards

ralph

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
You have to realize, Ralph is a big guy. He carries it home each night./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm back up and running.  Was never able to recover anything meaningful from my hard drive and had to resort to a recovery CD install.  Lost some files that I never got around to backing up, the worst being custom decals /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif
But at least I'm back.

Still wondering what happened.  My puter is a heavily used Toshiba laptop dating to 2001, so might just be getting close to retirement age ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts