G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this big brown truck stopped in front of my house and delivered a large bown box. Inside was the Gray S-12. It took a little while to open up and remove all the packing materials. I was impressed with the packing of the Accucraft Big Boy, and the S-12 was as safe. At least the S-12 didn't take the one hour plus of the Big Boy. I was a little disapointed that the S-12 didn't include at least one red ribbon tied around it. What a beautiful model though, and I'm loving the Gray Boiler the more I look at it.

Meanwhile Karen is still wants changes to her Ruby. Last weekend we went to Washakum for their annual Steam Up. While there, she was pointing out the various 4-4-0 locos, noting details she would like to see on her loco someday. I smile and say, I'll build anything you want, just let me now where I can set up the workbench.

We took a few pics last weekend, and I have tried to post them, though I'm doing something wrong. I have to make the file sizes a bit smaller. Once I figure that out, I'll post them.

Karen and I have been invited to Larry & Pattie Goodhue's house in NH this weekend, for our first small scale Steam UP! And best of all we'll have an opportunity to enjoy maiden voyage firings of our two locos with experienced supervision. Not to mention watching other locos as well, and meeting new people.

We plan on taking some pictures too, I'll post them as well.

Kent

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Kent
If you will use FLICKR tp upload you pics, it will make it real easy for you to show ur pics and take very little effort and time. The you just use the embeded form to transfer them to MLS,.
Good luck with your new "STEAMER"

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Kent, I hope that you get as much pleasure out of your S-12 as I have out of mine. She is #1261 and struts her stuff beautifully. Nice and controlable as is, under R/C I think she'd be a winner. I've pulled five MDC coal hoppers 3/4 full of cracker dust with Accucraft caboose and only slipped a wheel on wet or oily rail.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Shay,

I was just sitting here, taking measurements to see if there was a way to mount a receiver and servo on the front of the tender, when I read your post. I can't wait to fire her this weekend.

I was thinking even with a single servo for speed control I'd be all set. Use the lever for manual forward and reverse. Do you know anyone who has an R/C S-12?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn she looks pretty up there!!

Glad we were able to help each other out.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I am too,
Have a good weekend steaming her, My only suggestion is oil the running gear very well, especially the driving boxes. The drivers get winging pretty quick on these, and the driving boxes get hot fast if not oiled very well (OOPS)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a tiny old fine tip oil can ready to go full of 3-in-1 oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts