G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
For now the SELSTS will be held next year on the dates mentioned in May 1& 2 2009. New location will be Dalton, Ga. Sounds like the Midwest show will not take place. Check the large scale events schedule. Stay tuned for further up dates. Later RJD/GGRS

G

·
0 Posts
RE: MWLSTS & SELSTS Gone for Now

Dalton, well at least we have a show....about the same distance for me...now to find a good campground!

RJ keep me in mind!

cale

·
Registered
474 Posts

Guys,
Nothing for you motor home folks yet, but here is something for the rest of us. David Roberts, the new show promoter (who also promotes the Heart of America Garden Railroad Show and sponsors one of the forums on this site) has posted the following on another site (old SELSTS site, new one coming soon):

This is what I have found out about Hotels so far. There are about 16 in the area. I talked with these because the reviews for the hotels were decent and a good variety in prices.

I have talked with 3 motels.
The closest to the show that I talked with is Comfort inn and suites 706-259-2583. Their rate is 97.00+ tax for a suite and 82.00+ tax for a standard room. There is a block of rooms under Southeast Garden Railroad show. I talked with Eddie May at the Comfort Inn. Ask for him.

On the cheaper side. TravelLodge 706-278-4300( which is within 2 miles of the show) is 49.99 for king and 59.99 for 2 bed room. They didn't block rooms. Just gave me that rate.

Next is Super 8 phone 706-226-9579 They quoted 1 bed 46.99 and 2 beds 54.99

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
So far have not been able to locate any camp sites closer than 20 miles. Will keep loooking. Later RJD

·
Registered
474 Posts

RJ & Cale,
There is a KOA at Battlefield Parkway & I-75. This is about 15 minutes (5 exits) north of the NW GA Trade & Convention Center. Fort Mtn State Park is in Chatsworth, with going up the mountain it should be about 35-40 minutes away. This one would be more scenic than the KOA by the interstate!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
RJ, I'm tellin ya, you better check on camp grounds in central ILL also. say possably in July. I would say about where I-55 and Ill Rt-9 intersect. Or my side yard will hold 1/2 dozen campers or so. Hint Hint Hint Thanks Rex

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom. Glade to see you over here. Another convert

Rex thanks for the heads up. Just might surprise ya and pull the rig into your yard. I'm all set up for dry camping.
Guess i could pick up a B unit in ATSF while I'm there also. Be prepared. You have been officially for warned. Later RJD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts