G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Posted By N.S. Rob on 09/08/2008 4:17 PM
I am planning on going Saturday. I hope Bubba is better looking in person.:D" border=0>

You will be very dissappointed..as I am not!

My pic is as good as it gets/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Bubba

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Posted By Madstang on 09/22/2008 8:26 AM
You will be very dissappointed..as I am not!

My pic is as good as it gets.
Bubba

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Could there be some argument there??????? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looking forward to being at the show! Will there be A My Large Scale group picture?

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you want, bring your name badge..
someone wants to do the leg work of the photo that is fine.
Bubba and I have more than enough to do.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I mislayed mine on a trip to Carlyle last winter

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a brief question, though I know it's a REALLY long shot. I was debating purchasing my new locomotive at the show, but if you know the story behind my Aristo Mallet, you'll probably know I'm a bit paranoid about purchasing another one. If anyone is going to have a layout there, is there a chance I could test the locomotive somehow before I leave to ensure it works OK? It's about a 2.5 hour drive from me, I'll probably be there on Friday.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think you can be sure that the organizers of the Mid West large scale Show usually have some kind of working displays at the Shows.
I am sure you will be able to run your loco if you buy one at the Show and what is more the dealer that sells one to you would probably help you to achieve that aim.
I am glad you are not giving up and I hope that all will go well this time. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Not only that, but there'll be lots of experts on hand you can ask, "is this normal, or is something going on here."

I bought my beloved Annie at the last MWLSTS. She says May 2004 on the bottom.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Posted By Torby on 09/23/2008 12:52 PM

I bought my beloved Annie at the last MWLSTS. She says May 2004 on the bottom.

Well some men prefer older women so it seems. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I know if you ask around they will let you test it on somelayout. I have 3 Macs all battery ready now, good runners.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Torby...
are you coming barefoot with your Osh Kosh by Gosh jeans as you did to the first how, to this one as well ???
I still have the Joliet and Eastern (soon to be CN) box cars signed by the whole Aristo crew...
I am also purchasing an SD 70 heritage edition and would also like to test run it at the show.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I'll be glad to invade Saturday evening!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Tomorrow is the beginning of the second event of our Fall tri-fecta (sp?). This will be the debut of our new "Timesaver - Switchyard Puzzle". It will be hooked to the end of the Gateway Garden Railroad Club's modular layout. Stop by if you are in the area. Looking forward to a great weekend. I'm sure pictures will follow, shortly after the event.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
You definatley do not want to miss a chance to do the timesaver. It's fun and a challenge. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I spent Friday and Saturday wandering around the place. Mostly barefoot, and I took absolutely NO photos:D

Aristo's new Consolidation is a beauty. Lots of detail, and it just looks "right." It's a little smaller than a Mikado and a bit bigger than an 0-4-0, so it should find space on many layouts. He also had samples of less expensive NiCad and NiMH batteries, his new rail bender, aluminum and flex track, the new C16, new power supplies and a 15 amp throttle, new frogs on his wide radius switches, and his new slow motion electric switch machines.

There were 4 layouts there, and LONG trains seemed to be the style. For a while on Saturday, the Gateway club was having a Mallet fest with 3 Mallets and one Thomas running. Larry Tennyson was running on a layout from Texas, and they strung 150 freight cars behind one Mallet. Rex Ammeran was running long, beautiful trains on his tables, and the Southern Illinois bunch had their floor layout.

Dealers brought lots of stuff. Let's see, if I start naming them, I'll leave somebody out and be in trouble. Aristo Live Steam Mikados are selling in the 8 hundreds :eek:

The guy who makes all those wood buildings and trestles had a big display. One of his houses might have followed me home if I could have though of a place to put it.

I met the train lee guy and his wife from Switzerland. Delightful couple. Guys who like to fine tune their trackage will want to know him. Beautiful stuff there. I loved his electric switch machine.

Split Jaw, Ram Track, all the usuals. Didn't see the Tippi foam cutter guy. There was a big display of loading ramps for getting your cars on the track. You could slop cars onto it as fast as you could, and all the wheels landed on the track. Got a Mallet? Just plop it on there, shove and all 20 wheels go right where they belong. A company in Chicago makes the coolest on-board video cameras.

Everything was there except for the public. The place was nearly empty, and it was sad to see. Three boys were asking about Thomas till Bob got back from lunch. He let them drive him, and they thought they were in heaven! I think he made railroaders out of those boys ;)

I went out Saturday Night to see Greg's place. He lives in an old neighborhood with beautiful tall trees old houses and the sound of families and children out enjoying the evening. He models a back-woods shortline. Had a delightful evening, and a couple "tacho's in a bag." I'd always made those with Fritos, but Doritos worked great.

John from "the other place" recruited me to help judge the modeling contest. There wasn't anything there I didn't like, but his score sheet actually made it fairly easy to pick out the top ones, and only in "bashed rolling stock" did I have any trouble deciding 1st and second. That young fellow in the gateway club that makes all those beautiful back-woods models wone 2 $500 gift certificates. He really deserved to win those. Watch out, you modelers, that kid raises the bar!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Tom, must of just missed you at Gregs house, he has a great water feature, love his waterfalls.

tom h

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
We certainly had a great time in Springfield. I think the second weekend in a row wore on us a bit. I wanted to go to Greg's, but the drive was long enough getting back to Carlyle. The rebuilding of the "Timesaver" was very worthwhile. It allowed the switching puzzle to be hooked to the Gateway Club's Modular layout. You can see the complete rebuild and photos on LSC. The pictures are posted on page 4 at the bottom of the page. Here is a direct link.

http://largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=9021&p=4

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Everyone associated with the Mesa Grande (that Texas layout) had a great time. We have participants from Texas, Florida/Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin!

Bert

21 - 40 of 72 Posts