G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Aristo board the MWLSTS ,,Midwest Largescale train show ,is the weekend after our open house. I know Bubba and I are going up to help.
How many others will plan to go?
Sounds like alot of dealers and good layouts to see.
I hope us Midwest folks support a show in our area.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, look forward to seeing everyone.
I'm hoping there is lots of "public" coming and visiting and seeing what the hobby is all about.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Wish I could make the trip but with all I've made so far this year its about to break the bank. However I will be purchasing the show car and loco. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
The show is only 30 minutes or so from our house. We are planning on having our layout (as humble as it is) open for anyone who wants to come down to Taylorville after the Springfield show. My wife has been looking forward to it since they announced it. We still have quite a bit of work to do, but you all are sure welcome to come. I will be at the show some, too.
I agree with Alan; we need to show some excitement about this show or it will dry up and blow away. The mid-west is too historically train-oriented to not have a great showing.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
The Gateway Garden RR club will be there, as we are setting up the club layout for the event... one weekend @ Marty's, and the next weekend @ the MWLSTS, now that could be a rough two weekends..... :)

Life is tough

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Greg, count on a brat visit, perhaps Friday after closing?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Posted By Torby on 09/03/2008 7:20 AM
Greg, count on a brat visit, perhaps Friday after closing?

Sounds good, Tom. We've been working on the layout; I hope to have it pretty well back together by then.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Is there a schedule somewhere? I have not seen anything about hours, seminars, banquets, get-togethers, or anything.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Oh, never mind, I found the show hours by clicking on the Southeast show link on the Aristo page. I guess that makes sense?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Midwest-Southeast I guess it's all about the same to city foulk:D

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I can"t make it there this year but John that owns the J&W Model Trains HobbyShop (that our club has its layouts at) will have 2 tables there. he told me he is taking a lot of LGB Cars and others that he has had for quite awhile and will be selling them at reduced prices.

have fun to all who are going!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Tom (and anyone else interested) With the "Bull session" get-together planned for Friday in Springfield after the show, and a birthday party I need to go to Friday evening, Diana and I have decided to have our layout open on Saturday afternnon and evening. Anybody who wants to come by is certainly welcome. It's not much, but we sure like people coming by to enjoy it with us.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts