G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
   I am in search for some lenses for a recent project of mine. I need 5mm red and clear lenses. Walthers lists them as parts #516-198, 516-199, and 516-200. Does any body know where I can find some of these? I tried to contact MV Products but I have not heard back. Thanks for any information you can provide.  

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
we carry the full line of MV at Trains West received through Walthers ...

and we have been seeing numbers drop out and not Available as of late .....

we are guessing that MV is no more and Walthers is just selling what they have left ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have 5mm red and clear lenses??

I don't really know much about MV Products except that a friend told me they make good lenses. I never got a reply so they might be out of business.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Michael,
You can order online directly from Walthers yourself.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Mike,

Go over to Large Scale Central to the rolling stock forum, look up a thread by Bruce Chandler called marker lights. He uses led lenses made by Mouser electronics, You can get them in all colors about $.30 each. Hope this helps.

Chuck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Micheal,

The last set of 5mm red lenses I got from Richmond Controls when I ordered some other stuff. They might have some lying around.

www.richmondcontrols.com

I'd try Walthers first, but these guys might be a possible backup.

Hope this help, all the best,
Gavin

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Posted By Paul Burch on 02/09/2009 3:30 AM
Michael,
You can order online directly from Walthers yourself.

Thanks Paul, but I have already checked Walthers and they are long gone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Posted By supagav on 02/09/2009 11:40 AM
Micheal,

The last set of 5mm red lenses I got from Richmond Controls when I ordered some other stuff. They might have some lying around.

http://www.richmondcontrols.com/

I'd try Walthers first, but these guys might be a possible backup.

Hope this help, all the best,
Gavin

I contacted them but the man said that they have never carried MV Lenses.

So with that, I am still in search for the lenses, or an equivalent. Chuck, do you know if they come in 5mm diameter?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Mike,
Here it is

Over on one of those other forums, I found some neat replacements for the jewels used in marker lights.

You can get these from Mouser Electronics for under 30 cents each. = [url]http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDet … y593-3000R[/url] - you'll probably spend more in postage than on the product. They come in red, green, yellow, amber, blue, and clear. [url]http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.asp … _Wildcards[/url] Check out the data sheet and you can see it's a lens with a tube attached - I just used my razor saw to cut off the lens part and glued them in place. In this case, I'm using them with 1.5volt lights - and they look a whole lot better than those old jewels.
Hope this helps
Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts