G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

the MTH-Website shows item 70-3022-1 "Triplex" as "shipped".
Has anyone informations if that is true?

Greetings!

Jurgen

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
RE: MTH Triplex signed as "shipped"

Jurgen - The engine may well have been shipped, but the online product search does not yet show any dealers with the engine in stock yet. Strikes me that the engines are likely still in transit.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nice catch. I bet that may mean they've arrived. They may still be in the container at headquarters but I bet they are there.

Last word was from dealer that they were supposed to be in by the end of the year so it may be right. We'll see shortly.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Oh boy..here we go...

Luckily for me only the black Erie's have shipped...I have some time to come up with the $$$ for the blue version!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I called MTH and they said they are on the water and they expect them in their hands the last week of Jan. for final inspection, repackaging and then sent to dealers.

Also a new catalog around April

·
Registered
47 Posts
RE: MTH Triplex signed as "shipped"

I'm surprised there has been no video released to date. There was a GG1 video 3 months before the item shipped.

As you can tell I'm getting anxious.

Regards,

Paul Torrey

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anybody received one of these puppies yet?  Just curious as I've heard units have been recieved, tested and shipped to dealers over the last week.

Thanks,

Paul T. 

·
Registered
938 Posts
I just chatted with Jim and he said they haven't shipped yet and he has been checking daily. Any day now.

Ok, I'm really getting antsy now...

Raymond

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Posted By Chucks_Trains on 01/23/2009 6:55 PM
I hope they do showup any day now..esp. the Erie Russian blue version as I need a new train fix..

You just had a fix last week...... the heavyweights i sent you!!!! now you need another all ready...jeez you got it bad SIR, he he he

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Posted By aceinspp on 01/24/2009 8:48 AM
Seems to me Nick gets a fix more ofter than others
Later RJD

Im in rehab now!!!its touch and go sometimes but im staying on the wagon...
HE HE HE

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ray,

Checked the MTH website today and the Black Erie shows now as "shipped". I looked at the Erie in Russian Blue and that shows Feb 09 now. I could have sworn that the Blue one showed as "shipped" before. There is no change to the status on the Virginian. Maybe we'll see the Black Eries this week. Let's hope.

Thanks,

Paul Torrey

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just heard from my dealer. The Triplex was shipped and due in on Tuesday. I plan to get off from work a little early on Tuesday to go and pick it up. I'll probably post pictures on LSOL since I can't post pictures here.

Thanks,

Paul Torrey

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I picked up the Triplex from my dealer this afternoon.  Got it home and unpacked it to find both the engine and tender very well packaged.  The units were mounted to steel frames to help stabilize the units during shipping.  Removal of screws to separate the frames from the engine and tender were required along with removal of all the packaging foam.  The engine and tender are flawless.  Very impressive.  I lubed the three powered trucks and stuck the unit on my layout in the family room.  I was pleased to see the added features on this engine.  You can quill the whistle as well as turn on the steam whistle to get actual steam coming from the whistle when you're in Whistle mode.  Wow I was impressed.  The smoke unit in the tender worked great as well.  You will see that there's actual smoke that drifts from within the boiler to make it look like smoke is coming out of the cylinders.  Again, nice touch.

I've only run the engine for about an hour so I'm still getting used to all the new functions.  One thing I was hoping for was operation using regurlar DCC.  It looks like this only operates under DC and DCS.  I will be taking video in the next day or so and post something to You Tube.  I'll provide a link when I have it there.

I'm also going to post pictures on LSOL as I'm not sure how to post pics here.   Look for my pics under PAULTORR.

Thanks,

Paul Torrey 

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Well Nick its time to get out of rehab and get your new loco.
Later RJD

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Paul, My dealer says the RI Blue ones are also shipping!!

Wow!! Smoking Quillable Whistle...MTH just keeps raising the bar...

1 - 20 of 303 Posts