G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you David Roberts for sending me the first pic I've seen of the new Triplex!!!! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

I'm getting the all black Erie version....

http://www.rayman4449.dynip.com/triplex_1024.JPG - 1024x768 version

I'm ready for the Tri's and tested out the new coal consist for it this weekend.... :cool:

Videos from the run are processing now. More pics at:

http://www.rayman4449.dynip.com/Gardenrr2008.htm

I'm talking with someone that may get some photos of the Triplex from this weekend's show and will post whatever I get.

G

·
0 Posts
Ray.
Sweet lookin loco it should be great loco very different indeed/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif
your photos with the NS Dash - 9s engines with the coal cars is awsome..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif
Nick.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ray,

Thanks for posting the pic. I did see this at the ECLSTS but failed to snap a shot. I think the magic question is "when will MTH be shipping this unit". The upgrades on this loco will make it a "want to have". I'm just not holding my breath to think we'll see it this year.

Thanks,

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nick.

Hey Paul: I have some hope that we will see it soon. I've been told MTH has changed their product announcement times so that they are closer to actual delivery. Some evidence to back this could be the fact they had no real 2006 catalog and seeing as how the normal time to market is about 2 years, I'm guessing they may have delayed the new product announcements by one year and listed them in the 2007 catalog as opposed to the 06. Considering they announced the Triplex around a year ago and we already have the prototype, we may be close. (Can only hope) MTH shows this is supposed to ship next month. Last date was listed was Dec 07.

The Triplex should be another stump puller. Considering one MTH Big Boy can just about pull 2 Aristo Mallets to a stall in a pull contest... If the Triplex has that third motor set powered like I heard it will be, it will likely outpull anything else out there.

Got an email last night that CC was trying to send me some pics of the Tri from the last show. Once I get them and permission to share I'll get them posted here. (Thanks CC!)

I just heard too that MTH is sold of out Big Boys again. Not sure if they are planning another run or not. This is great news on many fronts... Provides clear evidence that people are buying these engines and that there is a market for them and 2. that we may see even more large steam from MTH in the future.

Raymond

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ray,

Thanks for the update I'll be very glad to see if the units arrive next month. I'll buy one.

BTW, will you be trying a DCS install in the new Bachmann K-27 soon? I've seen the inside of the engine, looks like a real easy conversion. Fly wheel is exposed and plenty of room to install the new smoke unit and PC boards. Let me know if you do one in the future. May want you to do mine.

Thanks,

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it has a flywheel already then it is without a doubt one I will be willing to convert. I'm currently taking a breather from MTH DCS conversions. In about the last year I've completed about 23 and just need a break. I'll let you know when I start back up if you are interested then.

Raymond

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I understand I don't think so, but Bachmann used the same shade on the Mogul I have so... I believe the comments I've heard on the color were supposed to be a blue/grey mix with more grey than what is in this model, but of course the only pics we have of the real thing are all in black and white. I liked the all black better regardless what is prototypical or not.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Ray, I see another video in your future. But the question that comes to mind is, CAN you TOP the "Brick House" video? It will be interesting to see.....lol
Oh, and I have been informed by "upper Management" ( the wife ) that you will not be allowed to bring the Tri over and run it in the basement and talk me into buying one..........LOL just kidding. That is a good looking engine, I think a picture of it sitting next to the B'mann Mogul would be cool.
Do you know how the Tender connects to the Engine? I am curious about that for some reason.

Cliff

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL Next time we get together we'll figure something out on the Triplex thing... Maybe start saving your money now and when the time comes say the Largescale fairy gave it to you. LOL

Too bad I won't get a blue one to do a side by side shot like you say. hehe I don't honestly think I can outdo the brickhouse video... you know how most sequels are, they're never as good. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Not sure how it connects to the engine, would think it would need to be a fairly robust connection...

Hopefully some time this weekend we will have more photos to share.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
LOL Next time we get together we'll figure something out on the Triplex thing... Maybe start saving your money now and when the time comes say the Largescale fairy gave it to you. LOL

That's a good idea. I am laughing my butt of at that. Depending on the price, of course, it might jus be tempting enough to get a blue one just to take the picture. they are about the same color.
Besides, she wants the Mogul for herself, so she needs a "BIG" Loco to go with it. I might be able to convince her.........he he he he

Cliff

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Delivery update: I'm hearing June/July now for the Triplex. I think we're close.

Also, Chillicharlie: If you can, can you resend those pictures you had of the Triplex? I never was able to get them. I appreciate your trying. :)

Raymond

·
Registered
183 Posts
Since the latest shipping schedule shows the Triplex as shipping in May, June-July makes sense. All the stuff I anticipated shipping in May has slipped to June. If the Triplex actually ships next month, than I'll be optimistic about the things I have on order.

Mark

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Thanks for posting those pic's Raymond! I'll take a blue version!

It looks like the rear tender engine is powered by looking at that big plug hanging under the cab which is good..I think the ho version only has 2 sets of drivers powered and the tender set no. 3 was free-wheeling.

It looks like the new F7's in the first pic! hmmm...:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chuck,

I believe the plug is to connect to the DCS system in the tender. The rear set of drivers on the tender are free wheeling. I asked the MTH salesman at the ECLSTS that question when I was there last month.

Ray, BTW I also have the all black Erie on pre-order. Should make a nice addition to my RR.

Thanks,

Paul Torrey

G

·
0 Posts
Had to do it Ray didn't ya just had to show them close ups... now i have to order one, there goes my disney vacation this year cause you know i just cant have just one. they look bigger than 1/32 should be nice judging by the pictures.. and Chuck i think that NYC engine is there f-3 i think..
Nick

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
light pastel baby-boy-blue /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif
(it could have been SO much better /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif )

Well Im not quite ready to release this collection of webpages to the world yet..
(im still waiting on permission to use some photos)
but I can release page 2 of 5, the page on Russia Iron..
here you go!

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/Maine-2foot-Color/page2.html

the other pages (on Maine 2-footers) should be up soon..

thanks,
Scot

G

·
0 Posts
Well Scott,
all i can say is that picture of the jupiter is fantastic, and i'm not an oldie loco fan .but that sure is purdy..
Nick

1 - 20 of 71 Posts