G Scale Model Train Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK managed to get it done. should have started with the rear truck first. a bit easier. MTH instructions rubbish!

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Glad it worked out. I regret that nobody answered you. I couldn't because the only MTH I have is O gauge. There are not a lot of folks here with MTH Gauge One, and those who have it seem to be on the site less frequently.

Regards,
David Meashey

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't agree 1/32 scale is alive and well and many of us post on myLarge scale.com, usually in the live steam forum but often in others too. I have an MTH GG1 which has body mounted couplers, I turned down the flanges and filed the pantographs to scale size at least and it is a fine performer. It easely hauls ten coaches on my pike and can climb a 1.8% grade on a 14ft radius curve with that. Charles posted a photo of it sometimes a few years ago on this forum. I am curently testing a modification to it's articulation so that the frame is in one piece from the six wheel drivers to the pilot. This has been running succesfully since three years, now. It is very close to scale.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts