G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I would love to have a set of those F3s. I have five MTH streamliner/smootheside cars.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Hallo again,

i can only see the different grills, so i will seek my eyeglasses ;-)
left is NS F7 and right is PRR F3

greetings from derPeter
Peter, The roof fans on the F3 version are tall...On the F7's they are short. The NS F7 doesn't have dynamic brakes so that roof hatch is smooth.

And yes the grills are different.

You ever find another Milw. Rd. GP38 for conversion??

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
F7

I just bought a new Warbonnet MTH F7. Eagerly await its arrival. It will go great with my MTH SF passenger cars.
Now I just have to figure out how to make them battery/rc with equipment I already have: Airwire 900 & Revolution.
The American Standard F3 A I got from Jerry is repainted for Warbonnet. I am casting the parts for a B unit. Like Jerry said, 1/32 grows on you.
Jim Carter

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
If I was starting in battery/RC I would go DeadRail... then I could pick any DCC decoder and use any existing decoders, including MTH PS3... hate to give up that sound system.

Greg

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The new run F7's have DCC also Jim, so you should be able to do it okay, I think. Probably just unhook the track pickups and hook the battery into there. Airwire is DCC, right? So could run it. F7 has sound and smoke. MTH's are easy to get to inside also. Welcome to 1/32!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts