G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my TIU and Remotes. Not sure if this has resolved the add engine issue since 4.01 was released. Sounds like some have said it has.

I will test it on a couple of engines and see for myself.

Can be downloaded from: http://www.protosound2.com

or my website: http://www.rayman4449.dynip.com/DCS_Tips.htm

I've also added a section with previous DCS software releases in case someone needs an older version.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ray,

I just purchased a new DCS TIU and Remote set with the 4.0 version. What are the differences between 4.0 and 4.02?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Tim,

The link to my website has the list of fixes for 4.02. I'm not sure what 4.02a corrects or know that the info has been officially published. I would probably go ahead and upgrade it to 4.02a.

I would first make sure you can correctly add an engine to the remote then upgrade and if you have a second, see if you have issues adding. You shouldn't but if you do then you may want to go back to 4.00.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Here's part of an email that MTH sent me a few weeks back about DCS 4.2..

Version 4.01 Additions
A Hold message is now displayed on the remote LCD when resetting a TIU

Version 4.01 Fixes
Variable 1 on Rev G TIU not having any voltage output or DCS signaling
When exiting PFA playing two coupler slack sound if the speed is changed
Boost from 0sMPH would not play coupler slack
Engine 99 is missing from Engien List - This can only be corrected if the remote is Reset. Cloning the remote will not restore engine #99
AIU switch relays sticking intermittently
ACC/DEC Rates changing intermittently when using Boost/Brake

Version 4.02 Fixes
Corrects missing engine at address #1. Requires Remote reset to get engine location restored
Corrects PFA Lash-up issue. Previously, the head engine would pull away at the end of the PFA sequence while the trailing engines would not move

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ray and Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to check what version arrives with the unit once it arrives. I suspect it will be here by Friday. Then I make sure that it works and that I can add an engine to it before I start the upgrades. Once I confirm that the version upgrades work then it will be on to taking it apart to stuff it in the boxcar.

Tim

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Chuck.

I just added the info to my site. If you by chance come across the ones for 3.00, 3.10, 3.11 and 4.00 let me know. For 4.00 I've listed the official PDF file but would like to dig up the simple text list.

Sure thing Tim, good luck with the battery conversion! :) What car are you going to put it in?

Raymond

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this Ray, I haven't haven't done the upgrade from 4.0 yet. Taking a break from trains for a little bit. Nice profile pic, Now you don't look like you belong on a wanted poster, LOL.
Cliff

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL Man that last pic must have been pretty bad, Marty was even ribbing me on it. LOL

I'll try to report back soon... still working on cars over here. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif

Raymond

G

·
jeeeez AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THAT, ha ha ha /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif:D
Nick.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to report that I'm still having issues adding engines even with 4.02a. I just added my Daylight (GS4) to the remote tonight and could not get it to start-up or move. The problem is still there. I'm going to stick with 3.11 till another release is issued.

Raymond

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like others are still having some issues with this as well. MTH is aware of the issue and is researching. If you have a problem with this, I would still send an email to them to let them know.

Raymond

·
Registered
183 Posts
I downloaded the latest update as well as the previous 4.0 update. I have yet toinstall them and I'm not going to until it's clear the problems have been resolved. In a possible unrelated note, despite good reviews, purchasers of the HO GS-4 are reporting total failures of the DCC mode. Two reports I've read say it worked fine for a while then stopped.

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts