G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin', All - a pal of mine over here, also a member of the G1MRA, has got a project going to build some passenger stock for the Nacional de Mexico NG railway he is constructing.

This will use 1/32 scale car-bodies running on 32mm gauge track, and the best match he can find for the basic truck is the MTH caboose truck with the comfort leaf springs.

Here in UK trying to find anything from MTH is basically pretty difficult anyhow, but I wondered it any of you had any experience getting anything out of Mr Wolf by way of spares, before I waste my time asking him. From what I have read on this site - mainly 4449's posts - his company can be rather less than helpful when it comes to bits and pieces.

TIA

tac

·
Registered
183 Posts
I gather you want MTH O-gauge caboose trucks. Have you (a) checked the MTH catalogs, or (b) emailed MTH? That would be my first step, well before anything else.

Mark

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hi tac and Mark.

If you let me have the details I may be able to get them for you as I am an MTH Dealer over here in the U.K. My company is called Anglian-Gauge-One but I deal with O-Gauge quite often as MTH,of course,does both scales.Let me enquire through my dealer's portal and perhaps I will be lucky.

Regards
David

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Stuff, Mark - thank you! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif I have copied this post to my pal in the hope that he will get in touch with you himself and explain exactly what it is he wants, and no, he doesn't want 0 gauge trucks, but Gauge 1 trucks that he can cut down to the required width.

You call the company Anglia-Gauge-One - does that mean that you operate in East Anglia [where we both live]?

Thanks again.:)

tac

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
They are just those cheap plastic G scale sets. I think they should be imported over there under some name or the other. They always have garish paint schemes with fake gold handrails/etc. There are a couple of other names here that are basically the same stuff. Scientific is one, I think, not sure of the other. Jerry

·
Registered
183 Posts
Posted By Jerry Barnes on 06/07/2008 2:51 PM
They are just those cheap plastic G scale sets.

Cheap and inexpensive too!

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts