G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well thought it was time to update this as some rather significant progress has been made on Ammonoosuc;

The laser cut brass frames arrived a couple weeks ago and shortly after the brass parts from Shapeways so I’ve been busy. The frames where soldered together with Stay Brite Silver solder and flux, which due to tab and slots holding everything in alignment was exceptionally easy. Flycranks where tapped and are held quartered via a groove filed in the axle and everything on the axles except the wheels for electrical insulation purposes is held in place with set screws for easy disassembly/reassembly.

With the running gear basically complete (minus cog wheels) and running smooth as silk I’ll be getting the boiler made and installed soon, then it’ll really start to look like a locomotive
Wood Line Facade Glass Metal

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Musical instrument Wheel Crankset

Train Wood Rolling stock Motor vehicle Gas

Saw Crosscut saw Wood Tool Electric blue

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well it’s certainly been a minute, but I’ve been making steady progress on Ammonoosuc. She is now a completely functional locomotive as the boiler has been made, detailed, painted and fitted to the also now painted frames and motion. All that remains now is the Cab and footboard’s basically which I’ll be starting on soon.
Wheel Train Vehicle Rolling stock Track

Train Wheel Vehicle Rolling stock Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Machine Water Wire

Train Wheel Sky Vehicle Track

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts