G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
I just bought a new MRC Power G transformer. I have used the MRC Control Master 20 in the past, but wanted a little more consitent power for a longer track extention outside. Pack runs LGB 21192 Mogul very well, sound works fine, however, the headlight flashes as it runs. Is something wrong? When I run this loco with the MRC 20, no headlights flash. Running a Bachmann Annie on the MRC Power G gets no flashing lights. There does seem to be a slight burning smell from the new transformer, but that could be from the newness of it. It does not get hot to the touch. Any ideas? Suggestions?

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael,
It is pretty consistent at all speeds. It almost looks like the ditch lights on a diesel (but I am running Rio Grande narrow gauge steam). I have ran several locos and this seems to be the only one doing this at the moment. At first, I sure thought it was a power pack problem, now I'm not sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.