G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MRC Control Master 20 with Aristo Elite Power Supply and was given an older Aristo TE (27hz). Not having laid track yet I have not tried either of these remote control systems. Does anyone have experience with them and an opinion either way? Will be running a couple of low end Aristo steam engines with track power and no more than three or four cars.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
The TE -- If it's a newer one, theoretically up to 100 engines. I commonly do 16 at the Chicago Botanic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the TE is the one to use. It's not a newer one, I'm guessing about 8-10 years old. Thanks very much everyone for your input.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You could use the MRC set up for track power and convert the TE trackside receiver to use in a trailer car for battery power in the future. That's what I did with a TE I picked up cheap.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Keep in mind that apparently there have been at least two generations of MRC CM20's as well. I have what is apparently an older one that will barely suffice to run an LGB starter set with an added caboose and all with lights. It will overheat and shut down after a while.
Chas
Beyond that I have no experience with the newer MRC CM20 or the Aristo TE of any generation or frequency.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Easy!

1. There are 4 screws in the bottom of the receiver. Take the receiver apart and set the plastic case aside. Now you can mount it in any train car. I like to put them in tenders just 'cause I'm a steam nut.

2. There's a big red & black wire. Connect your battery there. I use NIMH batteries from all-battery.com and their $25 charger.

3. Now wire the "track" terminals to your loco.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Posted By wchasr on 06/12/2008 5:27 AM
Keep in mind that apparently there have been at least two generations of MRC CM20's as well. I have what is apparently an older one that will barely suffice to run an LGB starter set with an added caboose and all with lights. It will overheat and **** down after a while.
Chas
Beyond that I have no experience with the newer MRC CM20 or the Aristo TE of any generation or frequency.

The one I have is one of the first production units.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts