G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it,s been two months of chicken wire burlap soaked in cement and laying or spreading cement. Here are the pictures of our progress and the 95% finished mountain/tunnel.I would like to thank tj lee,denray and jack verducci for his formula of gulapata Hope you enjoy/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last picture on this page showes the back entrance to access the track and the back side of the tunnel.Also i have to add the support boarding to the inside of the tunnel.Please ask or add any comments/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Dang Pete, you and your wife have this mountain building and tunnel boring down pat, that really looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks steve we put in quite a few hours but we found that the more you do the more you learn. A big plus was the help of TJ lee,s information and others. I found that there is a acid that is used to color cement it was easy to use and the colors were great. You just spray it on wait, spray on some water and amonia mix to stop the acid action let dry and you have colors.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Pete,

You have done a WONDERFUL job on your cement work! Really outstanding.

Best,
TJ

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
If you can color the inside of the tunnel as well it would help, as the grey really stands out and look at odds with the exterior. Otherwise very cool

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here comes forney#23 through the tunnel. We just completed the cribing on the inside of the tunnel it helps to hide the ugly cement also painted some spots black that i could reach other than that except for finishing the rear entrance it,s done. A few more pictures of the finish product/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Attachments

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Awesome pics, Pete! I'm very impressed with what you accomplished.

Best,
TJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts