G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have plenty of cliffs and rocks so...
Here is the prototype from Google images

Here is the "ready for paint" stage. I actually have a hole in each hand for thread/rope to hang him off the cliff with.

I wish my new digital camera would take better pics. I have kodak Easyshare Z1285 but apparently do not know how to use it?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, this at least gives me some ideas for more. I am also sculpting his partner on top of rock looking down.

If I up the pixels, can I still post here?

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Heheheheh.. nice job John.. Let me know if you want or need any photos of "real" climbers. You'll need a funny smelling VW van at the bottom as well. ..(can you model dirty dreadlocks and funky smells with sculpy)

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Nice work John. Never give up!
BTW, if it is a new camera, then you probably have very high res images, try moving away from the figure about 3 feet and using the auto focus feature. You can then take the image into photoshop or gimp and crop it and size it. Thats what I do with my figure images and they seem to come out much sharper.

Taken from 3 feet away at the highest resolution setting and then cropped to size,,, not need for resizing on this particular image.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
John,
I was refereing to better quality images. You may want to stand back a little is all I'm say. The scale don't matter for the image quality, its the distance from the image that seems to count on mine. I know you can get better lenses,,,, closeup lens that let you get up on top of the image and take a pic, but they are expensive and my solution works for me :)

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know.... I was just referring to the impressive work that you achieve. What scale is this guy of yours?

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Thanks for the compliment then :D He is 1:20.32 scale. 1:29 is a much harder scale, but I have been experimenting with it just to see if I'm up to the challenge. I model in 1:20.32 though so there isn't much incentive to finish anything I've started.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
He showed it to me in Carlyle. The photos don't quite do it justice.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Tom...
Here is the finished Mountain Clmber (remember it's only 1:29)

Now...his name?

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Looks great, John!

Have you used the 'Macro' setting on your camera? It probably has it. Look for a flower symbol.

Well done figures!
Matt

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matt, I just found that setting and tried some shots but they are not in focus either...
thanks though, I'll keep trying.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts