G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As some of you know I post pictures of old saw mill slash burners once in a while. I like to collect pictures and information on these relics of our recent past in Northern California. The ones in existance have gone from literally thousands in the 1950's to just a hand full and these are all derlicts.

We spent the past weekend in the Truckee, CA area and I was able to "collect" a couple more new, old ones.

If this will work for me I will post some pictures even though I swore I wouldn't until this place was fixed instead of just continually patched.

Here is the one on the outskirts of Truckee. It looks like the cyclone or the chain chute was rather forceably removed/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif You can see the feed hanging at an angle at the left of the picture.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By R.W. Marty on 07/23/2008 8:06 PM

Hi all, As some of you know I post pictures of old saw mill slash burners once in a while. I like to collect pictures and information on these relics of our recent past in Northern California. The ones in existance have gone from literally thousands in the 1950's to just a hand full and these are all derlicts. We spent the past weekend in the Truckee, CA area and I was able to "collect" a couple more new, old ones. If this will work for me I will post some pictures . . .

Thanks for your time. Rick Marty

Great shots of industrial remnants from a by-gone era. Thanks for the sharing.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Richard,
No I didn't bother as they were all closed in with metal siding and a bunch of garage type doors added
so the original purpose was pretty obscure.
Later
Rick Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts