G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
UPDATE> I just spoke with Cliff at Accucraft on the phone. He said that there are a few engines with the Radley Hunter style stack that have reported an issue with the stacks falling apart /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif Cliff is talking to the factory about coming up with a solution. The problem is that all of the stacks that Acucraft has ever made have only been soft soldered; however, only the Radley Hunter stack seems to come apart with the normal heat of operation. One solution would be to silver solder the stacks, but with that option we would loose the etching detail on the stack. The other option would be to go to a turned stack, but again you would loose the detail, and they would take considerably longer to manufacture. Cliff assures me that he is working on a resolution. He will contact me as soon as he has a plan of action. If you are experiencing any problems with your Radley Hunter stack, please be patient for the next few days and I will post an update as soon as I get a call back from Cliff. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

· Registered
84 Posts
RESOLUTION > I just received a call back from Cliff at Accucraft. The solution that has been decided is to manufacture a batch of silver soldered versions of the Radley Hunter stack. It will most likely be about four weeks or so before Cliff will get the replacement stacks, but if you have any issues with your Radley Hunter stack coming apart please contact Cliff via phone and he will put you on the list to recieve a replacement stack when it arrives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.