G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,271 Posts
David,

I'm looking forward to your wood cab designed for the 4-4-0. Any thoughts to making it so the cab roof can hinge and drop down on the fireman's side, like the factory one? I like this feature much better than a removable one--somehow I frequently find myself hurrying after a departing engine, cab roof in hand.

BTW, my NCNG 4-4-0 looks and runs beautifully right out of the box. Thanks again for your efforts on the paint and graphics. This is a terrific engine for the money.

Concerning the mainrod/crosshead wrist pin, they look to be similar to the ones on the AC 0-6-0s that may have a design problem (see the other forum post). So far, mine remain tight, but I will be keeping careful watch in case they start to wear loose.

Larry

· Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Gordon,

After posting my comments, I now see yours. Could you post a sketch of your redesigned wrist pin when available? This would be most helpful and save the rest of us from having to start from scratch. Or, better yet, maybe Accucraft could work from your design to supply them for retrofitting.

Larry

· Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Gordon,
Thanks. My address should be waiting in your MLS mailbox.

Jason,
After your comment, I checked my running boards--they are both level. Also, my tender rides fine.
The only things I have found so far to pick at are a paint nick on the pilot, and the clear finish on the left cylinder brass jacket is peeling off after 3 hours. Overall, I am very satisfied so far with mine. Better be, after waiting three years for it! (Oops, I wasn't supposed to get into that anymore.)

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.