G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
16 Posts
Gordon,
The Accucraft 4-4-0 looks to be a little bigger than your SPC3. I haven't placed them side-by-side so I could be all wrong. They should be close in size...right?

I agree with a previous post that the wood cab sets the Argyle SPC3 apart as does the full Stephenson, and the tender pump. However, considering the price, Accucraft has made one fine looking locomotive (I have the NCNG Grass Valley). Soon, I will see how it runs.

The 4-4-0 is my first Accucraft (I have a few Asters, Catatonks, Argyles, and a Roundhouse). I may buy a few more Accucrafts if my stack doesn't melt.

Rick Hammack

· Premium Member
16 Posts
Gordon,
I looked at your SPC3 and the Accucraft 4-4-0 again...I agree that the wheelbase and overall dimensions look equivalent. I think the diameter of the Accucraft boiler is greater. Your SPC3 looks more svelte. I need to take both locomotives outside for a side by side picture but it won't be tonight....I have two toddlers to watch while the wife is away.

Rick Hammack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.