G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Todd,

I didn't mean to sound like I was against modules, it might be a perfect winter project. I'll look up the guidelines.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
The Rusty rail modules match the Inner City and New Hampshire modules, track spacing and wiring.

Note that the straight sections really are not 4 foot long, but 1200mm as everyone used the LGB 1200mm track sections.
These measure approx. 47 1/4 inches long and are often called 4 foot.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Dan, do you have a link to the Rusty Rails standards
I'd like to at least look them over & see if that's something I'd like to consider doing. I've also considered building a "Time-Saver" - style switching layout (either "sparky" or live steam) - something that could be stored & transported without too much effort.
Tom

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
To all.
The NHGRS, CCTGG, Rusty Rails and other module groups for the most part base their modules on the ones developed by the Del Oro club.
LAO

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Would someone send me a copy of whatever is decided on? Thanks
My email is capecodsteam at yahoo dot you know the rest

I've been thinking about the British countryside.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Thanks Dan,

Ok guys, put me down for one straight module. I've always wanted to try hand laying track.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
KEnt, As an FYi there is the CCGRS on the Cape. They have group on Yahoo. Why not come to a Rusty Rails meeting?
LAO

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
KEnt, As an FYi there is the CCGRS on the Cape. They have group on Yahoo. Why not come to a Rusty Rails meeting?
LAO

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
A note on module building!!

As a general rule, straight modules are made in pairs as an even amount is needed for setting up the modules.

Curved sections are matched 90 degree units and are always used in pairs since they usually only line up perfectly where they meet straight sections. Ours have custom bent curves.

·
"Rocky Canyonero"
464 Posts
I know a fellow in the NHGRS who is selling off a full set of modules. There are 16 wide radius curve sections, creating a full circuit, plus there are several partially completed straight sections. These are built to the same standards used on NHGRS Big Green and others... This would be a great start for a new module group!

All hand-laid track with cedar ties and cd250 Alum rails.

PHOTOS:

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/s-4/module%202.JPG

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/s-4/module 3.JPGhttp://1stclass.mylargescale.com/s-4/module%203.JPG

Send me a PM if you'd like me to pass on your email.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
jeff,
Picked up 3 unfinished modules from him a week ago. Very well constructed, good deal..I got to take a look at the completed 16 large radius layout he has for sale. Nicely constructed also....Nice guy.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
To continue this thread a member of the Rusty Rails approached me and stated that he wanted to sell his 10x24 foot modular layout. If anyone is interested please let me know. These are standard modules that can connect to other clubs layouts.
LAO

·
"Rocky Canyonero"
464 Posts
Posted By todd55whit on 11 Dec 2010 07:27 PM
jeff,
Picked up 3 unfinished modules from him a week ago. Very well constructed, good deal..I got to take a look at the completed 16 large radius layout he has for sale. Nicely constructed also....Nice guy.

Todd, so glad to hear they went to good use! I have 5 of his unfinished modules. Sadly the track I was planning to use is now covered in 16 inches of snow! Hopefully I'll have a chance to rescue it before the March NHGRS show in Milford.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts