G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Shad and/or the moderators;

I posted this plea in another thread, but I fear it will get buried and never even be read. The text editor for posting in these forums is terrible. It removes line spaces (carrige returns) if one previews the post or edits it. It removes extra spacing that was put in for clarity. Even photos were so much easier to post in the previous forum software.

I find myself adding extra line spaces to posts because I'm never sure whether they will get removed on a whim by the text editor before I can post. I hope you can provide help as noted below. I am not trying to be a pest, but this text editor is worse than Notepad. I realize that things may take time, but I am hoping that this request will be noticed if I put it in a separate post.

"Just a gentle request. Could Shad or one of the moderators publish a sticky with a tutorial on how to get around the foibles of this text editor - Like when it removes your line spaces if you preview your post or have to edit the post. It is very annoying, and I would post more if I did not have to spend so much time second-guessing this text editor.

No hurry, but any help would be most appreciated."

Thank you,

David Meashey

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I feel you pain.I've given up on posting for now. Maybe someday things will get back to normal.Then I can start posting again.B0B

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
My plan is to have a new text editor in place by the end of the month. Creating a tutorial at this point would be kinda pointless because we'd have to do it again in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Dave

For a quick down & dirty answer. If you are using the text editor that is accessed via the Add Topic, Add Reply buttons or the Reply, & Quote links.

To always get a single blank line between paragraphs do the following in the text area of the editor...

This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test.
This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test.
This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test.

(Note: the asterisks in the above tags must be removed, they are put there to prevent the code from being executed.)

Then regardless of what it looks like in the preview window, it will come out like the following when you click the submit button and post the reply. Additionally, if you go back and edit your reply you can use the line-break tag as your indicator as to where one paragraph ends and the next begins...

This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test This is the first paragraph test.

This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test This is the second paragraph test.

This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test This is the third paragraph test.

Just as an indicator so that you can see that I've edited and re-posted this reply I've included the following smiley which gets whacked each time I re-post (i.e. indicated by the addition of the " border=0>).

:D" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>" border=0>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.