G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thought long and hard about the questions and comments I posted on the forum and don't recall ever calling anyone a name or even thought about wanting to start a fight or wanting the type of responses I received from some on the forum. 
I certainly was not saying that HO scale is better than G-scale, but other than the lionel set I had as a child, the only other scale that I had any experience with just happened to be HO scale, which I modeled in for about 23 years until my health and disabilities forced me to quit the hobby.
I wanted to try G-scale because of its larger size and I thought I might be able to handle it better, since I have gained a lot of my health and mobility back in the last 2 years.
I have explained my dreams and plans to Madstang and East Broad Top in a private message to them and thank them for the kind words and understanding.
Regrettably, however I am not used to being called names and have never picked nor started a fight on purpose with anyone, nor purposely called anyone a name, I was not raised that way. I am normally a forgiving person, but not this time , I admit that that possibly my wording of the questions and comments may not have been the way I wanted them to come out, but everyone who is human makes mistakes.
However thanks to a few on this forum I feel that this is not the place for me, so I will no longer ask questions, make comments, etc. on this or any other forum. 

G-baby

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I must say that this post was very well thought out and written. I also can see why some people took offence with some of the other posts. It's too bad that things were not said in the way they were intended in the first place.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Give it some time...
Hang around, read what suits your fancy, get a feel for the "action", and see how it goes.
We're mostly "okay" folks, but sometimes things get a little nutz...
As a side note, "Scale" discussions are a hot button for some, whether they'll admit it or not.
Same with "fidelity to scale", and "rivet counting/accuracy of modeling" topics.
Just so you know...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Posted By G-baby on 03/26/2008 9:40 PM

I have thought long and hard about the questions and comments I posted on the forum and don't recall ever calling anyone a name or even thought about wanting to start a fight or wanting the type of responses I received from some on the forum. 
I certainly was not saying that HO scale is better than G-scale, but other than the lionel set I had as a child, the only other scale that I had any experience with just happened to be HO scale, which I modeled in for about 23 years until my health and disabilities forced me to quit the hobby.
I wanted to try G-scale because of its larger size and I thought I might be able to handle it better, since I have gained a lot of my health and mobility back in the last 2 years.
I have explained my dreams and plans to Madstang and East Broad Top in a private message to them and thank them for the kind words and understanding.
Regrettably, however I am not used to being called names and have never picked nor started a fight on purpose with anyone, nor purposely called anyone a name, I was not raised that way. I am normally a forgiving person, but not this time , I admit that that possibly my wording of the questions and comments may not have been the way I wanted them to come out, but everyone who is human makes mistakes.
However thanks to a few on this forum I feel that this is not the place for me, so I will no longer ask questions, make comments, etc. on this or any other forum. 

G-baby

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

Watch those matches around bridges.
Once you burn them, it's difficult to rebuild them.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Sorry to hear that you recieved some not so kind responses to posts here.... Please don't discount or discredit all of us for the rash or unkind attitudes of a few. Most of those of us here are more than happy to listen and willing to give help and advice where we can. Sometimes things get going in the wrong direction and get way more heated than they need to. At that point the best thing to do is just step back, relax and try agian later. I, for one, hope this is what you will do. We'd hate to loss someone who obviously has many years of model railroad experience that could be helpful no matter the scale it was obtained in....

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
"I am normally a forgiving person, but not this time , I admit that that possibly my wording of the questions and comments may not have been the way I wanted them to come out, but everyone who is human makes mistakes"

The good news is that most everyone else on this board is also human and they make mistakes, too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dear G-Baby,

I am new to MLS also and have watched the firework from afar. One thing about it you did liven up the party, and I don't believe intentionally. This is one of the better forums that I have been on, I have a wide range of interests, where as I have seen some ugly and personal attacks that spilled over into real life on other forums. MLS is not like that. Things were written and I hope everyone does feel bad about how things turned out. I commend you for this post and I think you will see that many, if not all, would hate to see you leave. It sounds as if you have a wealth of knowledge to share with the rest of us and as you, hopefully, take the modeling skill you developed outdoors, or at least large scale, I think you will discover new ideas and techniques that were never possible on HO. The very nature of Large scale dose not easily lend itself to prototypical details. What draws me to this scale is the 'feel' of being that much closer to the real thing. There is no rules in this hobby except, as my fellow Hatters know, Rule 8. Which is simply put; "This is my railroad I will run what I want, when I want, and how I want so live with it". So please don't leave G-Baby; hang out, learn, listen, ask question, and leave advice. I know I will lend a friendly ear to you always.

Johnny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts