G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posta reply to the "New to trains" thread in Beginners Forum and copied some bold text into the msg.  Then I typed some more and it came out bold, as it was a continuation of the pasted text.  So I highlighted it and un-bolded it (several times, in different ways) but it always shows up bold.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That may not be a bug. If you pasted formatted text, you probablly also pasted the font as well. If the font selector doesn't show the font you pasted, then you may not be able to alter the attributes of the text you pasted. A lot depends on what you copied when you copied the text originally.

Mark

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Pete:

I've run into the same problem. The work around I use is to do several returns past the point I want to do the insert, then paste the text into an empty line above the last text line position. After that, insert the cursor at the point of the last return. That leaves the original text style and size selected for further input.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Pete

If after you had pasted the book title from the MLS Shop page into your reply, you had clicked the Remove Format button with the cursor (insertion point) at the far right of what you had just pasted in, before proceeding in typing the remainder, you would have terminated the < span> tag at that point and you would have not encountered the problem.

The only way that I've found to correct the problem now, without going into the HTML source and moving the closing span tag to where it should be.

Is to deleted everything from the end of the word 'book' to the end of your reply.

Then...
[*]Type a space character. [*]Enable bold {CTRL+B} [*]Type in the quote marks [*]Place the insertion point (cursor) between the quote marks [*]Copy and paste the title between the quotes [*]Move the insertion point (cursor) to the right of the closing quote mark [*]Click the Remove Format button and type a space character and continue typing the rest of the sentence. [*]Finish the rest of your reply. [/list]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts