G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have some pics of my self-portrait figure. First, here's one of the pics I used as reference:

Here's the unpainted figure:

And here's a front view of the painted figure. I'm not sure why, but it looks better in person than it does in the photos:

I think the hair on top of the head probably should have been a little taller.

Side view:

And here's an example of how it will look on the layout:

Eventually I plan to build a model of my Trooper, complete with miniature versions of my aerial photography rockets, and set up the figure to look like he's about to launch one of the rockets.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Fantastic! If I hadn't seen the previous pictures to know it was a little figure in that last picture, I'd swear it was a real person standing there! Great work!

Keith

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Excellent Ray, Looks great and real. Now just stick a remote control in his hand for running the trains.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By Rod Fearnley on 12/03/2008 1:29 PM
That look so good Ray. Are you going to take commissions?

Rod

Count me in too!

That looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Ray that is so good! What about making some RR figures?

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Great job Ray! You really captured your character. Where did you get that aloha shirt? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Great job, might consider having yourself CLONED a few thousand times, and letting the rest of the modlers have you on our layouts
Dennis

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Super lifelike...If you're looking for some ideas for new figures, how about old movie stars?.... James Dean (as in Rebel Without a Cause), Humphrey Bogart (Casablanca or the African Queen)and Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany's)... I'll bet you could sell one of Bing Crosby (Maybe as the priest in Bells of St Mary's?)too.

I don't know if you'd incur lscensing fees as long as you don't actually actually IDENTIFY them as such.

I'd love a Don Knotts as Barney Fife as well, hehehe

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
"it looks better in person than it does in the photos".....

I don't think that's possible, great job Ray....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts