G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished sculpting another figure. This one is my brother Mark. I wanted to try a more interesting and natural pose this time, and I think it turned out pretty well. Here's one of the reference photos:

Here's the sculpture of Mark:

(Edit: Fixed broken links) 

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Stop it! Stop it!

That's enough sir!

I can't sculpt

Such beautiful stuff sir!

(I have to tell Theodore Suess Geisel I'm sorry.)

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Ray, quit teasing us and show us the process you go through to make these amazing figures. I swear they look real. I think you just figured out a way to shrink real people. :)

G

·
0 Posts
really admirable your sculptures!
and, yes. i second (or third) the request to be shown a step by step of your working process.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Ray, this is your best one so far! He looks so natural and the flow of the clothing is superb! Can't wait to see your future projects.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It almost looks like he photoshopped his brother onto his layout...

Seeing this makes me never want to try and make people...

How can you compete with this...

Just AWESOME!!!

Philip

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pleased that people are impressed with my work, but I wouldn't want anyone to get discouraged by it. I'd rather see people be inspired by it. And once finish my article for GR, maybe folks can learn a little from it.

Of course, we all have different talents and excell in different areas. I doubt I could ever scratchbuild a locomotive as well as some folks here. Also, we all have different areas of interest. Some folks want to focus on operation, or rolling stock, others want to scratchbuild structures, etc. Luckily we have commercial suppliers for the stuff we don't want to do ourselves.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts