G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Michigan guys,
My wife needs to have her vacation schedule into work asap and we were thinking of taking a trip to Michigan again.  I would like to be there for the big event at Huckleberry.  What weekend is it this year?
thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Go to our web site, MSSLS , select Future Events from the menu on the left.  Once on that page go all the way to the bottom of the page.  John has added a calender with our events by the month.  Only a couple of events in there as of now since we are still finalizing many of the events we participate in.  Huck weekend is July 31, Aug 1, 2 and 3.  July 31 and August 1st are steamups at the homes of John Fuller and Bob the Woo Woo Weltyk.  August 2 and 3 are at the Crossroads Village, Huckleberry Railroad.  Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoot! I thought it was always later in the month.
I really wanted to go this year, isn't it the last year the 4-6-0 is running before going in for an overhaul???
The problem is, I was planning on having an open house for my garden railroad that weekend. So the question is, do I move the open house or do I skip the steam up. It is a 5 hour each way drive - so can't do both. Maybe I will push my steam up back a week or month... decisions decisions.
thanks for the info
Matt

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Matt,
  The date used to be later in the month.  Crossroads moved the date forward last year, and has kept it earlier this year also.  I had to move my steamup up two weeks because of their change.  Still hope you can make it.  By the way, 464 just came out of the shop two years ago.  I'm not positive, but I don't think it's ready yet.  You must be thinking of the other engine there.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Sounds lik you folks have a lot going on during the year.  Now just have to schedule a trip to the daughters when something is going on.  Later RJD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts