G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accucraft announced Friday  the pending development of a Mich Cal Climax in live steam ( and electric and two of the Sp 4-6-0 whaleback ten wheelers , also in live steam and electric. Information will be avaialble after 2-1-2008. Presale will close toward the end of this year.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
But still no Heisler./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Heisler sounds good to me also.  I'll wait, but sure would like to see it sooner than later./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Switchback--I agree with you. Never again will I put down an (unrefundable) deposit on an Accucraft product. If I want something from them, I''ll wait until a dealer has it in front of me. I believe they are now not asking for deposits on reservations, but ,still, I would not hold your breath for delivery.

Larry

·
Registered
243 Posts
I totally agree.  The I have been wanting the Heisler for years.  What makes this sting even more is that the late Charlie Chen himself engineered the WSL Co. #2 Heisler to be either electric OR live steam.  Cliff confirmed this factoid for me too.  I am shocked that Accucraft's bean counters would build a entirely new engine instead of working from the engineering that Charlie had already invested!  I am still happy that they are developing something other Colorado stuff, or yet another Shay, but I know several people who have been hoping for the Heisler for as long as I have.

Now I am going off to sulk in my Heisler-less work shop:mad:

In the mean time I will scour my copy of "Pino Grande" to see which Mich Cal Climax prototype they could possibly decide to make./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif

Regards,

Eric

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Posted By East Broad Top on 01/26/2008 10:02 PM
Oooh, the SP 4-6-0 is a good choice. Not a whole lot (if any) SP has been done, so it's good to see that railroad get some attention. (I can say that now, my EBT mikado is already in the works. :)" align="absMiddle" border="0" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" /> )

Later,

K

Kevin,
I agree....I would not want the development of  the SP 10-wheeler or the climax to be put in front of the Mason Bogie, the EBT mikados, or the DSP&P 51.  

I have a Catatonk Heisler that I love so I can understand the pain of those that ponder the choice of a climax over a heisler.  Perhaps we should not give much credence to these Accucraft "news leaks" because they have not been especially accurate in predicting eventual outcomes.

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts