G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well. it is done except for a few minor touches. Here are the steps in progress.

The end beams are redwood and the railings are soldered up from brass tube and rod. I used the grab bars and brake wheel from the donor car. The long grab bars are made from .06 brass rod.

The end beams ready to install.

After painting I installed the steps and end beams.

A little more paint here and there, some tape and paint on the roof and lettering and here she is ready to join the train.

With the Pullman car.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Next will be the baggage and postal car. Here are a couple photos from Best's "Mexican Narrow Gauge". Not a lot to go on but basically they will follow the method used on the Second class car. No platforms or roof overhang to mess with. The roof will be fixed and no interior to model.

Time to start cutting more plastic!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Winn,
Looking at them they are smaller cars than the 2 you've built. Are you going to still put them on mortified (Stripped) flats? I see you still need 2 axle trucks.
Simpler detailing with only 2 window and 2 doors shown, no end planforms, and you have mastered the curved roof.
They should go much faster.
Are you going to construct interiors?
Hope to see them soon.
Wesley

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wesley, I think they are the same length as the second class car without the end platforms, at least they appear that way in photos of them together. I plan to make the roof fixed, the doors closed and no interior. Should be a lot easier. I won't even have to cut up the flat car except to remove the stake pockets.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts